Saturday, April 02, 2005

In a Dark and Quiet Room, Part 1

Darkness. These things always begin with darkness. Funny, isn't it? Always the beginning is mystery, uncertainty, confusion, and chaos. Darkness. The beginning of what? The beginning of anything. Everything starts in darkness, until someone brings light. So let there be light. But not too much light. After all, this is my writing nook. So let's add some muted track lighting, just enough so that I can see what I'm doing. Mood lighting, almost. Oh, that's much better. Now, I'll want a desk. Well, a flat surface of some kind. I know! It's a short desk, like a Japanese table. Low to the floor, so that I can sit on a beanbag chair. It will be dark mahogany, of course, with simple lines. The beanbag chair is black, of course. The rest of the decor can wait for now. I don't have a lot of time to do interior decorating right now, but I'm sure that I'll come back to it. For now, I have the essentials: light, a place to sit, a place to write. So here I am. Everything is prepared. Now all I need to do is write. But what should I write about? Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home