Monday, April 18, 2005

To my wife...

My wife just celebrated her 26th birthday. We have been married for almost eight years. (Yes, I even remember our anniversary.) The years haven't been easy. She once gave me a book of Japanese poetry, having bookmarked this poem:

I think of the days Before I met her When I seemed to have No troubles at all

It's true, and we both know it. But I wouldn't trade away single day that I've had with her, either the good or bad.

I know that I think a lot about death, but she is God's answer to keep me from despair, at least for now. " For he will not much remember the days of his life because God keeps him occupied with joy in his heart....Enjoy life with the wife whom you love, all the days of your vain life that he has given you under the sun, because that is your portion in life and in your toil at which you toil under the sun. " (Ecclesiates 5:20; 9:9) I know that a day is coming when one of us will have to walk on alone, but I am able to forgetthis when I gaze into her beautiful eyes.

Crystal, I love you more today than the day that we met. Each night, as I watch you sleep, I thank the Lord above that He has given you to me. Of all the blessings that He has given me, you are the greatest.

I love you.

"Push" by Sarah McLachlan Every time I look at you the world just melts away All my troubles all my fears dissolve in your affections You've seen me at my weakest but you take me as I am And when I fall you offer me a softer place to land [CHORUS:] You stay the course you hold the line you keep it all together You're the one true thing I know I can believe in You're all the things that I desire, you save me, you complete me You're the one true thing I know I can believe I get mad so easy but you give me room to breathe No matter what I say or do 'cause you're to good to fight about it Even when I have to push just to see how far you'll go You won't stoop down to battle but you never turn to go [CHORUS] Your love is just the antidote when nothing else will cure me There are times I can't decide when I can't tell up from down You make me feel less crazy when otherwise I'd drown But you pick me up and brush me off and tell me I'm OK Sometimes that's just what we need to get us through the day [CHORUS]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seth,

I feel greatly treasured! I love you too. Thank you. This is just about the best birthday present I could ever get!

Your Wife,

Crystal

4/19/2005 01:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home