Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Been too tired to write...

...not that this is really an excuse. I guess. But still, every time I think about sitting down to write, I think about how I could spend a little time with my wife or how I could try out Doom III (which is a very creepy game, I might add), or how I could play a duel of Blue Moon or read a book or watch another episode of Babylon 5 or...well, pretty much anything other than writing. As it is, I'm waiting for Brettspielwelt's server to reboot so I can play another game of Ingenious (yet another game by Reiner Knizia) which I just learned tonight. Writing seems like too much work. I guess that life just seems dry recently. Not that there's nothing to write about, but there's just no desire to push. Too much effort. Now, I'll admit that getting more sleep could help, but that's not all there is to it. I feel like I'm being stretched in too many directions. There are children to care for, fellow Christians who need attention, work to be done, a wife to support while she struggles in her third trimester. And then, there are the simple efforts to be around other adults. Don't get me wrong, I love my children, and I wouldn't give them up for anything. But still, so often it feels like our get-togethers consist of the children running around and enjoying being with their friends, while the adults struggle to have a simple conversation in between keeping the peace and cleaning up after the children. Crystal has been feeling this as well. At least I get adult conversation when I go to work. She doesn't even get that. And, of course, being that she is pregnant, she is often too tired in the evening to get out. Sigh. I'm going to go to bed now.

1 Comments:

Blogger james3v1 said...

Take heart, my friend.

Two thoughts:
* this time doesn't last forever. Enjoy it and endure it, but don't let it slip through as painful. We have been there (and didn't have Raquel with us for some time after Peter was born) and come to the other side.
* This time will only help your writing. You will learn to write out of joy and while tired and about things that others will trivialize but in a vibrant way. You'll learn to write a half sentence and finish the paragraph later. Necessity and your desire to write will give you more fodder and learn better writing habits.

And, I guess a third thing:

We love you.

6/29/2005 07:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home