Monday, June 13, 2005

Polarity

I've been wanting to write about some of the games that I play, and the opportunity seems to have presented itself. Polarity is one of the new games that I purchased with the money from my eBay sales. The playing pieces are magnets, and you take turns balancing them on the magnetic fields of the pieces that you already have on the board. But be careful! Disrupt the board, and you'll be giving your opponent points. There can be some massive chain reactions, as one magnet tips another one, which collides into a third one.... Snap snap snap. This website is the brand new site for the game, and I must say that I am impressed with the support that it is getting. In particular, I'd suggest checking out the pictures here and here. The only possible issue with the game is that it is technically a two-player game. Of course, you can play teams, which mitigates that problem somewhat. One of my better gaming purchases.

1 Comments:

Blogger Seth Ben-Ezra said...

Wow! I made the news on another site! Of course, now I'm wondering who told the folks at Temple Games. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, and I'm glad to give a small company a little boost, for whatever it's worth.

Lemmonz, I see from your blog that you have indeed ordered Polarity. I hope that you enjoy it. It's offbeat, but that's part of its charm. I put it in a similar category with TAMSK, since both use nonstandard game elements (magnetism in Polarity, time in TAMSK) as an integral part of play.

Hmm, maybe I should write a little about TAMSK....

6/15/2005 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home