Monday, December 19, 2005

My overactive imagination

I know that this is the Christmas season, and tales of fear really don't fit with the holiday. Nonetheless, I haven't been getting enough sleep, so.... My bedroom window overlooks the backyard and the back alley. With the snowfall, the entire backyard appears to be lit by a spectral light. And so, when I awaken in the middle of the night, I look out my window at this scene. For some reason, I always check to see if the trash cans are still there. And sometimes, I can imagine a tall, black-cloaked figure step from behind the garage and stare up at the window. And I know that he is looking for me. Then, sometimes, he opens the gate and begins to walk towards the house. And that's why, when Justice wakes up in the middle of the night, I don't look out the window anymore. I'm not getting any sleep as it is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Raquel said...

And you were the one trying convince me to watch Night of the Living Dead? My imagination can also be quite overactive, and it doesn't need any help, thank you very much.

12/20/2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger dlr said...

maybe he just wants a piece of fruitcake

tis the season ya know

12/20/2005 10:28:00 PM  
Blogger Seth Ben-Ezra said...

Raquel: I haven't seen "Night of the Living Dead" either. But, I'm telling you, for your research, you really should...

Bryan: Have some respect for my nightmarish imagination, okay? :-P

12/20/2005 11:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home